From Monday 13th July 2020; government advise has been updated to allow Sports & Massage therapists to return to work. I am now taking appointments, including at Triyoga Soho, but there will be some changes in the process both before and during each session to help ensure safety for all.
The day before your appointment you will receive a message either from the clinic or directly from me based on the checks advised by my insurer (BGiUK Ltd):
- Have you been following the social distancing measures outlined by the government during COVID-19?
- Have you, or has anyone you have been in close contact with, shown any signs or symptoms associated with coronavirus
- Have you tested positive or had treatment for COVID-19 within the last two weeks?
- Please confirm that you feel well, have no fever and have normal taste and smell sensation.
- Due to stringent cleaning practices, please do not arrive early for your appointment and please bring a face covering.
- You will not be charged for appointments cancelled due to CV-19 or the threat thereof.
- I reserve the right to take the temperatures and/or refuse treatment of anyone attending an appointment for any reason I feel is a health risk.
Before you leave your home, please consider again if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms. If yes to any of those concerns, please postpone or cancel your appointment. Do not worry about the usual cancellation policy as it is temporarily not in place, safety first!
If you are a first-time client, your pre-session consultation will take place via the phone or video-conferencing. A consultation form may be emailed for completion prior to the visit.
If you are an existing client, there will be a short update consultation at the time of booking to see how you have been since pre-lockdown and whether you have had or been exposed to anyone with Covid-19 symptoms.
Initially, if you are considered a high-risk client, it may not be possible to massage you at this time. Those of concern would be anyone over the age of 75, pregnant people, those with serious lung conditions or the immunocompromised, in these cases we need to take advice from your primary doctor.
All consultation & consent documents can be signed electronically.
Please bring your own water should you need it so I do not use any glassware.
When you arrive, you will be required to take off your shoes, wash your hands and/or use the sanitiser provided and walk into the practice room without touching anything if at all possible. Please do not arrive early as there is to be a minimum of 15 minutes cleaning time between clients and waiting facilities are very limited/not available at all venues. When working alone I will be leaving 30 minutes as cleaning includes the bathroom, all door handles and doorbell etc.
The massage table will have been thoroughly disinfected and now has a wipe-clean cover. The towels are washed at 60 degrees with an anti-bacterial agent after each use but you are welcome to bring your own should you be more comfortable. Cushions have been removed from the practice room other than those with wipe-clean covers which are sanitised after each use.
Face coverings are now required for clients during treatments. (8th August rule change HERE) Please bring yours with you but I will have spare masks should you need one. The guidance on personal protective equipment (PPE) use has been very contradictory so do not worry if it feels very confusing and you are unsure of what needs to happen, we are being told different things all the time so I will keep this section 100% up to date! I will be using PPE until the requirement relaxes which will include a surgical-style mask regardless of the regulations.
When the massage is over, please leave the towel and face covering on the table – unless they are yours. You may also wish to use the bathroom and wash your hands before you put your shoes back on.
Payment ideally should be made prior to the appointment via Direct Transfer to avoid touching cash. Please let me know should you not already have my business banking details.
CHECK LIST FOR CLIENT ARRIVAL
DATE: 13th July 2020 –
|Confirm what to expect||Email or text|
|30 min gap from previous client||15 mins possible|
|No symptoms||Check and confirm twice|
|Pre-paid||Supply/confirm bank details|
|Consultation complete||FaceTime triage|
|Decision made to massage or not||If in any doubt, delay|
|Consent forms signed|
|All external areas/ bathroom cleaned|
|Practice space cleaned|
There will be an additional declaration that:
- There has not been in contact with anyone with Covid-19, in the last 14 days, to your knowledge
- There have not been any symptoms: – dry cough, temp over 37.8°C, loss of smell and/or taste
- Should the client contract the virus you must inform the therapist as soon as possible
- Should the client contract the virus we are obliged to inform NHS Track & Trace – properly qualified therapists are committing ourselves to the ‘duty of candour’ clause of the CQC guidelines.
NB: There is no variation to your GDPR policy rights.
This policy is subject to change at any time in accordance to government guidelines and is adhering to the last published advise on “close contact services” 23rd June, updated 31st July. HERE